When vaping, the same premise applies to all vapes; there is a battery source (vape mod) that powers a heating element (coil) and vaporizes e-juice in a small chamber (atomizer). The user then inhales the vapor through a small mouthpiece.
Many proficient users shop a la carte for mixing and matching vape parts, but novices are advised to stick to pre-packaged kits with everything included to guarantee appropriate compatibility.
The extent of power in a vape mod generally instructs the ease of usage, as well as the knowledge expected to safely operate them.
Here is a little view of how this works
For Low power pod vapes, vape pens, e-cigarettes, AIOs (all-in-ones)
- There is no experience required for this
- It requires a small rechargeable battery unless it is a disposable e-cig
- It normally does not contain adjustable power
- It is concealable and ultra-portable
- It had medium power Some experience required
For medium size rechargeable battery
- Having some experience required
- Knowing a bit of battery safety knowledge is recommended
- Batteries are rechargeable built-in or replaceable
- They often have adjustable power of up to 100 watts
- They are pocketable even though rarely concealable
For High power Box mods and Mechanical mods
- Having experience is a must
- They have multiple replaceable batteries which are rarely built-in
- They require battery safety knowledge
- They are pocketable but heavy and bulky
- They normally come with adjustable power of up to 200+ watts
Please note that new users should purchase devices with built-in, non-removable batteries that can be charged rapidly in the device from a USB port. You could get options from our CBD vape 4 u and try out our Juul starter kit UK here
How to vape
The first thing you need to do is to keep it simple with the device you purchase. Simple vapes are in no way inadequate to advanced devices, they are just easier to use.
Buy a basic vape starter kit. No matter how small or big they look, all vapes make vapor in the same way. There are four major categories of vape kits you can select from.
Pod vapes: They can be prefilled or refillable and have disposable cartridges
AIOs: They are refillable and have replaceable coil
E-cigarettes: They can either be prefilled or refillable and have disposable cartridges
Disposable e-cigarettes: They are mostly prefilled and the entire device is disposable
All vape kits come with instructions. These instructions will clarify how best to use any specific kit and will generally have useful diagrams for clarity.
Aside from prefilled kits, all vapes pen will need to be replenished by the user with vape juice. If you find yourself needing more help, research a review of the kit you have chosen on the off chance your instruction guide doesn’t tell you how to fill your device.
Buy the best vape juice for the kit type. Select a flavour that interests you, then select a nicotine category. High nicotine vape juice could generally come in smaller bottles (30 mL or less), and bottles of lower nicotine juice will generally come in larger bottles (30 mL or more).
Nicotine preference would always depend on the user. Here are some general suggestions for the best experience with different devices:
- For Higher nicotine that ranges between 12 mg to 60 mg, you should go with lower power
- For Medium nicotine that ranges between 6 mg to 12 mg you should go with low to medium power
- For Lower nicotine between 0 mg to 6 mg its best you go with higher power
How to Inhale
When vaping as a beginner, the way you inhale can make or mar your experience. It is extremely important as if you inhale incorrectly, it could lead to coughing and an unpleasant rush of nicotine.
There are practically two types of inhalation techniques: the mouth-to-lung draw and the direct-lung draw. The ideal inhalation technique depends on the vape you want to use.
This works best in smaller vapes that have high resistance coils, using high nicotine. It should feel like sucking air through a coffee straw.
How it is done:
Gradually draw vapor into your mouth for a few seconds
Let the vapor stay in your closed mouth for two seconds
Open your mouth and inhale the vapor to your lungs but try not to swallow it and finally exhale after the vapor has hit your lungs
This is ideal for larger vapes with low resistance coils that use low nicotine. It should feel like sucking air through a milkshake straw.
How it is done:
Quickly draw vapor directly to your lungs
Exhale vapor almost immediately
We hope you found this helpful.